Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Such A Critic!

I'm big, I'm dumb, and I'm not someone you want to mess with... Can you guess who I am? Well of coarse that is Lennie, from the movie and book Of Mice and Men. From the very first scene of seeing Lennie running away from the group of people after stirring trouble up in Weed, I knew Lennie was not how I pictured him after reading the book. It seemed like the actor, John Malkovich, was trying to hard to dumb his level to the level of an actual special needs person. While I watched the acting and the way Lennie played his role in the movie, I suddenly realized how much he didn't match the picture in my mind as I read along in the book. I had imagined a taller, stronger, and more built figure. It was a real upset. I actually looked forward to the acting of the character, Lennie, especially since I genuinely had a sense of passion for the book. With all the negatives about the acting, there were a few positives. The way that Lennie crushed Curleys hand and killed Curleys wife, was the exact way I envisioned it. The rage Lennie showed while smashing Curleys hand, was precisely how I pictured it, as the blood came pouring down. While watching the eyes of Lennie, as he touched the hair of Curleys wife, I knew right away from the way he was looking and petting the hair as if it were a dog, I could tell something bad was upcoming and Malkovich captured me in that scene. With both positives and negatives from the acting of John Malkovich, who played Lennie, overall I wouldn't give him a high rating but I would have to say that it got the job done.

1 comment:

  1. 4 of 4 assignments complete. Pretty good detail. Writing is quite well polished - very few mechanical errors. I like the opening line for your review.42/48

    ReplyDelete